CBD CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE
Most people will tell you they love chocolate, But I really love chocolate. One of our favourite desserts has to be chocolate lava cake, that warm confection that’s part chocolate cake and part oozing chocolate sauce all rolled into one. Although it seems like it would be a difficult to make, it turns out it’s quite simple. Today’s recipe adds a touch of CBD to your chocolate cake, but it can also be made with any of our other drops. Choose a CBD drop with a a potency of 15 mg/ml, each cake will contain just over 11 mg of active cannabinoids*.
CBD CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKES
MAKES 4 CAKES
- 110 g unsalted butter, plus more for buttering the ramekins
- 115 g bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 60 g granulated sugar
- 3 ml CBD Drops (1:1 or 1:3+)
- 2 teaspoons flour, plus more for dusting the ramekins
- Preheat your oven to 450 F.
- Place the butter in a bowl and microwave it to melt it. Add the chocolate to the hot butter and stir until the chocolate melts.
- Crack 2 of the eggs into a bowl, and add the yolks from the other 2 (save the extra whites for another day). Add the sugar and the CBD Drops and beat until light and thick, about 1 minute. Add the egg mixture and flour to the melted chocolate and beat until incorporated.
- Butter and lightly flour four 4-ounce molds or ramekins (make sure not to miss any spots, or the cakes will stick). Tap out the excess flour. Divide the batter among the molds. (At this point you can refrigerate them for up to 3 hours; just bring them back to room temperature before baking.)
- Put the ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until the cakes have puffed up a bit, the tops are barely set, about 7 to 9 minutes. The cakes should still jiggle slightly when shaken. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 1 minute.
- Put a plate on top of the ramekin and (with a potholder to protect your hand) carefully invert the cake onto the plate. Let it sit for 10 seconds, then lift up the ramekin. Enjoy immediately. Add a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. Some cherry or raspberry preserves also accompany this dessert well. Bon appétit!
Do you have a favourite recipe that you’d like to share with the our community? Submit your recipe here and it could be featured on our blog!
*Before you start cooking with cannabis extracts, always determine the dose that is appropriate for you and adjust the recipe as needed. As appropriate dosage varies from person to person, it is important to speak to your physician to find out what is right for you.